Monday, July 12, 2010

another shirt

I made this shirt a LONG time ago, but I kept forgetting to write a post about it, until now!  Similar to the purple ruffled shirt I made a while back, this one used 2 T-shirts of the same color.  I found mine at Wally World - my least favorite place to shop.  But, they were $4 each!  Can't beat that, right?  I followed a this tutorial but I made a couple of changes.  One big difference was that I made quite a few more of the flowers to go around the neck, to give it a fuller look.
Here's the shirt:


This was a super easy and fun project.  It literally took me just a few hours one evening.  The best part is that I saw a similar shirt from J Crew that cost something like $40!
WooHoo!

3 comments:

Tiffany Keene said...

And it looked GREAT Sunday! Seriously, before you told me you made it, I was thinking The Loft or somewhere! You are so talented!!! :)

katie said...

good grief I am jealous:) I have decided my first project is going to be recovering my kitchen chairs...with your help of course:)

Mommy Webb said...

It looked like J Crew. Can't wait to attempt to duplicate:).