Tuesday, March 27, 2012

a little contest


Meet #18.

She doesn't have a name, just a number.  I name some of our cows that we've had a while, but we haven't had her very long.

She is fancy none the less.

Most of our cows are solid colors.  Black, white, red.  #18 is what we call roan. 

I like it!


Here's another view.

We've got calves popping out all over the place and #18 is due fairly soon, so here's what I want to do.  I want to have a little contest to see who can guess what color her calf will be.

We don't know what color the bull was (we bought her already bred) so it could be just about anything.

Leave your guess in the comment section.  I'll tell you my guess in my next post, and I'll be sure to take lots of photos when the calf is born.

So what do you think?

Solid black?  Roan like mama?  Purple with green spots?

The winner gets...the satisfaction of winning.  But it will be fun to see who guesses correctly!

8 comments:

a. meredith said...

Ok, I'll guess... red!

Stover's site said...

i'm gonna guess roan - just because I've never heard that word before and I love learning new things. Congrats, my friend... your bloggy is so educational! Love you! Miss you!

Danielle Wade said...

I am guessing mostly red with a little white...so I guess that is roan?? Can't wait to bring Harrison over to see your calf :)

mommy raker said...

BLUE and WHITE!!!
oh! sorry! it's only wednesday...oops :D

Sue Shaw said...

I'll say black, just to throw that in the mix.

Sue Shaw said...

Oh and a name...Rosey. (R is the 18th letter in the alphabet and she is red....so Rosey)

Katie said...

I say name her Mavis, and that she's been bred to an Angus bull - baby will be black with a little bit of white. :)

Melissa Mann Photography said...

I think reddish brown... and MelB, your blog is sunshine. :)