I'm still here, just too
I'll be back in the next couple of days, I promise.
In the meantime, here are a few happings from here at the nest:
- We were all sick over Christmas. Like, sick for 3-4 weeks. Merry Christmas to us.
- Our first calf of the year was born! Pictures to come.
- The girlie bird is 9 months old! Can you believe it! She is all. over. the. place.
- The boy birdie got 1.4 million tractors and other farm paraphanalia for Christmas. Tractors are all. over. the. place.
- Winter is upon us. Remember my boot problem from a few months back? It's about to reach an all time high (or low). I dug a chunk of what I am telling myself was dirt (ahem) out of the girlie bird's mouth the other day. I don't have to tell you whose boots that came from. Hint - they weren't mine.
- Daddy Bird did take the kids to his parents' place the other day so I could spend a little quality time cleaning the nest. 6 hours of "me time" later, I can now say my home is presentable.
- I've got some new recipes for you. One involves hot dogs.
- The basement is so close to being finished I can hardly stand it.
I'll be back soon, promise.