Wednesday, January 12, 2011

before and after

Happy 2011 everyone! 
I've been gone a long time!  The holidays kept us really busy and I just didn't make blogging a priority.  That will hopefully change with the addition of this little beauty to our nest:
WOOHOOO!!!  Josh and I are now the proud parents of a Canon Rebel T2i, and we are loving it.  I'm hoping it will encourage me to post more pics for you, my blog buddies, and also to take more photos of the baby bird.

Ok.  Down to business.  I have a terrible secret to share with you.  (Cue dramatic music here...)  My pantry and linen closet are a MESS!!!! 
By nature, I'm just not a very organized person, but I think I'm nesting.  Maybe it's just that it's January and I'm wanting to get our house organized for the new year, but I think it probably has more to do with the little bun I've got in my oven.
Whatever the reason, I had to get this:

and this (yes, that is nair, and gas ex you may notice):


under control.  It was driving me crazy.  I may not be organized by nature, but I cannot function for long in a mess where I don't even realize I have 3 exra deoderants, and I can't find my self-rising conrmeal.  So, I took a couple of days and those before pictures became this:



I realize this does not appear to be that much better on this blog, but let me tell you folks, it is a HUGE difference!  I purged a ton of stuff, found stuff I didn't know I had, and just feel so much better knowing my stuff has a place.
How have you been inspired to get organized lately?  Do you have any organizing tips to share?

Here's another before I want to share with you:



We have finally started the process of finishing our basement!!!  Yay!  I can't tell you how excited I am to see actual walls go up downstairs, and to be picking out things like tile for the bathroom, vanities, tubs, flooring, etc.  We're a LONG way from the "after" shots, but I wanted to get up the before.  We (I use the term "we" loosely here) are doing most of the work ourselves, so I'm going to be asking for lots of advice and help.  I can't wait to document this process!





3 comments:

jeanneburnett said...

OH That is SOOO exciting!!! A new camera AND a new Basement!! it will be like a WHOLE NEW HOUSE! Fun times!

Mommy Webb said...

I am so so so jealous. I just did a post about my mess of a pantry last night. You provide the extra umph to help me get going on operation orgnization. And I am pretty sure that I found a random bottle of raspberry Nair last time I cleaned my bathroom cabinet:). The basement is going to change your living/sewing/playing space so much. Go, Josh, go!

Tiffany Keene said...

You are rockin' it, Mama Bird! :)
I'm so envious of the new camera! Ours is still in the works, or well, let me just say I'm still working on convincing Wes it's worth spending the money on without taking it from the "new carpet fund"! Let me know how you like yours b/c I'm still reserching them.
Oh, and you 'might' have motivated me to clean out our "junk cabinet" in our kitchen. I will tell you that I am totally jealous that you even have a pantry to get messy! I NEED a pantry lol!
Love ya girl!