Tuesday, June 28, 2011

surprise!

My dad recently celebrated his 60th birthday, so we felt it would be a good idea to throw him a surprise party!
I'm always looking for an excuse to throw a party, so I was all over this.
My brother Stan, sister-in-law Annie and their kiddos came in for the festivities which was one of the best parts since we don't see them often.  My brother arranged for he and Dad to play some golf with a couple of Dad's buddies so that got them out of the house for a few hours.
While they were gone, Annie, Mom and I went nuts getting everything ready.
The party had a golf theme, but we didn't go too overboard with that.
The menu included:

appetizers - meatballs, salsa roll ups and veggies with homemade dill dip

assorted wrap sandwiches


Fruit Salad

Brooke's Black Bean and Corn Dip (recipe to come)

Arnold Palmers and Lemonade

and of course, Birthday Cake!

My favorite part of the whole evening was that Dad was truly surprised!

I was so busy during the evening that I really didn't get to take many photos, but here are a few:

My brother and my adorable nephew:

The boy birdie and my niece:



The cake:


Annie did a FANTASTIC job with the cake, and also made some really great golf themed flower arrangements:



The whole evening was just such a great chance to celebrate my dad!  So many of his friends were there and it was so much fun to make him the center of the celebration.
Happy Birthday Dad!


No comments: