Friday, August 5, 2011

the beef is in

The Girly Bird and I drove down to Marksbury Farm in Lancaster yesterday to pick up our beef.  It was almost an hour and a half one way.  I'm not complaining, just sayin'.

We made burgers for dinner, and if I do say so myself, the beef is goooood.  There's always a bit of unknown with grass fed beef.  It can taste a bit different with each steer depending on what they were eating, their age, etc.  This one worked out really well, and Daddy Bird and I breathed a collective sigh of relief.  Ahhhhhhh.

Then the fun began.  We were up past 1 AM parceling out all the beef that had been prepurchased, and then freezing it.  Ugghh.  This morning came a bit too early.

All our steaks and roasts are sold.  We've got lots of ground beef left.  If you are local and may be interested, drop me an email at bluegrassbeefky@aol.com

Happy Friday - I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Patrick T said...

I wish you could send some to Japan!! :)

Tiffany Keene said...

Yay! That is awesome! I can't wait to taiste it!

mommy raker said...

so we ate some of that bluegrass beef yesterday. wanna know what my boys had to say, both of them, almost simultaneously, said, "mmmmmmmmm" and i think daddy's eyes rolled back into his head. lol! delicious! and i was quite the fan myself; definitely returning customers here!